Wednesday, March 23, 2011

When it all DERAILS!

It seems as if I have everything under control and am doing so great, and then something happens that throws the whole plan off course. Our lives move so fast sometimes that it feels incredibly hard to just relax and have time for everything, to make all the right healthy decisions.

The past week I finished finals, the kids and I all started Spring Vacation, and Sean switched from working nights to days. My entire daily routine has been thrown in the trash! Now I am scrambling to get my feet back on solid ground.

I am finding that exercising at home and with small children is not as easily done as it is planned for. Hhahaha! But, I have decided I just have to wake up super early and get in a good, brisk 30 min. walk before Sean goes to work. When he leaves only 1 kid is awake, so I can do another 30 on the bike before the next one opens the flood gates of chaos. :] Just kidding, but it does feel as if my son wakes up like a bulldozer on a German speedway! So, if I can get this routine or some form of it under my belt this week I will be happy.

My 2nd problem, was actually my 1st plan. I intended to hit the gym after Sean got home and the kids went to bed, since the gym is open until 11pm. I am finding by 8 when the kids hit the sack I am not feeling motivated enough to go to the gym. :[ I need to fix this!!! Even just 3 nights a week would be enough to yield results. Now just getting my ass in gear at 8pm is the next task.

Sundays starting in April I will be meeting my trainer for a weekly weight lifting session. I miss my Tues/Thurs. morning sessions with her. I think they helped keep me more on track. But, Sundays will be the new schedule. And I still would like to find time for a yoga class and water aerobics. But when, where?

While it may take the crash course of the next few weeks, I do have faith that I will find my new balance and gather together a new work out routine.

But, with these changes, and doing all classes online this term, I can't help but feel as if my life's center of balance is off as well, not just the work out routine. My eating this week has not been as structured as it should be, and I feel as if this is a direct result of everything else. To me, this is where I have to let go of the emotional aspect of this and realize that yesterday has passed, and today is a chance to start anew. Tell myself I will do just that and then make a conscious effort to do just that.

This is where needing that balance comes into play. Finding time for everything, being able to slow down, relax, meditate, breath, and just be in the moment is what I am missing. For that I do not yet have a plan because I feel overwhelmed by the current situation. I hope after I get everything restructured, it will become easier. But at the moment I fell as if everything is starting over and I am scrambling to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment